• A warm welcome to our newest members, Kim Doucet Boyer in Bathurst, NB, Sharon Gareau in Gander, NL, Camille Croteau in PEI, and Sherry Leclerc in Sydney, NS. We hope to see you face-to-face in the near future.
• Twig website update: Our wonderful website committee is hard at work with designer Marsha Amanova. A special thanks to Patti Simmons, who has taken a leading role as point-person between the committee and Marsha.
• The Wolfville Editors’ Bunch met via Zoom on Tuesday, January 25 for a welcome visit, with a few non-Valley residents joining in. Note that these WEB meetings are open to anyone, Valley resident or not.
• We had a great turnout for the CRA presentation on tax tips for sole proprietors and small businesses on Friday, January 21.
• We have lined up Letitia Henville of the British Columbia branch of Editors Canada to give us a presentation on editing academic research grants. This will take place on Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 7:30 pm (8:00 pm Newfoundland time). Let us know if you’d like to attend and we’ll send you the Zoom link.
• We’re always looking ahead to plan sessions for 2022, so let us know what you’d like to see and any ideas you have for events and presentations. If you have an area of expertise that you’d be willing to share as a presenter, we’d be delighted to hear from you! We aim to have at least one offering per month.
• If anyone is preparing to write an Editors Canada certification exam, or thinking about it, we can try to facilitate study groups.
• As of March 1, 2022, membership fees will be increasing, but they are very small increases, ranging from $1 for student affiliates to $11.50 for two-year memberships.
• Members now have free access to the Oxford Reference Online Premium Collection by logging on to the Editors Canada website.
• There is still opportunity to volunteer for the 2022 national conference, May 27–29. This will be a hybrid in-person/online event, with the in-person events taking place in Edmonton. Find out how to get involved.
• Has anyone achieved certification or received professional recognition or published a book? Shoot us an e-mail with announcements to share. We want to hear from you.
Keep an eye on your e-mail (be sure to check your spam folder) and on our Facebook page, Editors Atlantic, for announcements regarding lunches, meetings, presentations, and other goings-on.