• July’s new members hail from Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. A hearty welcome goes to Maureen Duffy Cobb, Joan Allaby, and Jocelyn Pletz!
• August’s Kahoot online trivia night was a hoot, and Georgia Atkin won The Little Book of Wildflower Whispers.
Twig meetings help us meet with Maritime colleagues, and getting together provides encouragement, new facts, and ideas. Twig meetings will be on Saturdays at 11:00 a.m.
• September 26 – Dollars and Sense. What prices are trending and why? Speaking with a group of like-minded professionals can help us decide what to charge. What do you do in your own practice? What has worked? How do you break down jobs? This Zoom call will not be recorded, but it can serve new editors with the most pressing questions.
• October 24 – Alexandra Peace on Indexing. What is indexing? Which programs provide training? How do I find my niche? How do I read the market? Know all these answers and more? Great! Add your experience to the conversation.
Editors Canada supports many ways to grow your editing career. Where are you along this path?
• Glean the wisdom of others with Active Voice. It’s free!
• Which publications would strengthen your editing practice?
• Is certification a goal? The 2020 Editors Canada stylistic editing professional certification exam will be held on Saturday, November 21. Register now to be ready.
Where are you in your career? Mentorship can help solidify learned experience while supporting new editors.