The Editors’ Vine/La vigne
As previously mentioned in Twig Talk, The Editors’ Vine is a new initiative by Editors Canada to connect members who face barriers in attending twig or branch meetings. Two meetings with the same theme are held each month (on the first Thursday and the following Saturday) via Zoom. The October presentation, Prepositions and Profits: Three Powerful Approaches to Creating an Endless Supply of Clients, is set for Thursday, October 1 and Saturday, October 3. Visit Editors Canada for details.
• Wolfville Editors’ Bunch held their monthly meeting (in person!) on Thursday, September 17 at Troy restaurant in Wolfville.
• On Saturday, September 26 we held a well-attended informational Zoom meeting, Dollars and Sense, wherein twig members Margaret MacQuarrie and Anne Curry related what they’ve learned over the years about running a freelance editing business. We also had helpful input from Virginia McGowan and Nicola Aquino.
• On Saturday, October 24, twig member Alexandra Peace will be sharing her extensive knowledge of indexing, via Zoom. Members will be emailed login information in advance.
• Editors Canada is offering a webinar on Tuesday, October 6: Productivity While Working From Home, and a two-part webinar, From Digital to Dollars with Social Media Marketing, on Tuesday, October 20 and Tuesday, October 27.
• Editors Hamilton–Halton are hosting a three-hour seminar on plain language on Saturday, October 17, led by Editors Canada director of training and development Greg Iannou. The seminar is free—members just need to register via Zoom. The session begins at 11:00 am Atlantic time, but people can join as early as 10:30 am Atlantic time if they wish to socialize. Non-members are also welcome for a $10 fee.
• Keep an eye on your email (be sure to check your spam folder) and on our Facebook page, Editors in the Maritimes, for announcements regarding lunches, meetings and other goings-on. Engage in conversation on the Facebook pages Editors’ Association of Earth and Business + Professional Development for Editors.