• Welcome to our newest members, Tere Mullin in Halifax, and Dominique Paquet in Dieppe, NB.
• On Wednesday, November 25, CRA representative Charbel Saab gave an online presentation on preparing for tax season, which we opened to other branches and twigs. A PDF of Charbel’s presentation will be emailed to those attendees. For those who were unable to attend this session, we’ll be re-offering it on Friday, January 22.
• The Newfoundland & Labrador twig has invited us to an online seasonal celebration with fun and games, Wednesday, December 2, 7:30–8:30 pm (that’d be 7:00–8:00 pm our time).
• Saturday, December 12 we’ll be hosting a social get-together on Zoom. It’ll be a sort of year in review/how’s everybody doing kind of thing, and we’re extending a particular invitation to our newest members. It would be really nice to see as many folks as our screens can hold!
• January 22: the second CRA presentation
• February 27: Raya Morrison will be talking to us about editing digital content. Raya is co-chair of Editors Toronto and editor-in-chief of Blood & Bourbon Press. Details of these events will be forthcoming.
• Editors Canada is offering a 50% off sale on webinar recordings purchased by November 30.
• You can catch this live webinar on Wednesday, December 2: Business Planning for Freelancers.
• A two-part French-language webinar is being offered beginning December 3: Les anglicismes au Québec: une question de variation
The Editors’ Vine/La vigne
The Vine’s topic for November 5 and 7 was Getting the Most from Style Sheets. Coming up on December 3 and 5 is Gifts for Editors, a discussion of resources and tools editors find useful (and might also like to give/receive as gifts). Visit the members’ area for the schedule of upcoming meetings. If you would like to
be added to the Vine’s participant list to receive login details for meetings, or if you’d just like more information, please email the Vine moderators, Nicola Aquino and Lenore Hietkamp.
Let us know your thoughts and ideas—shoot us an email any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep an eye on your email (be sure to check your spam folder) and on our Facebook page, Editors in the Maritimes, for announcements regarding lunches, meetings and other goings-on. Engage in conversation on the Facebook pages Editors’ Association of Earth and Business + Professional Development for Editors, as well as Editors/Réviseurs Canada and Editors Canada Student Affiliates.