• We extend a warm welcome to our newest members, Jennifer MacLeod, in Lunenburg, and Katherine McDougall, in Greenfield, NS.
• On February 27, Editors Canada had a major server problem that took all association websites and email offline, which is why our members haven’t been receiving email from the twig address. Go here for the latest update.
• Registration is open for the Editors Canada 2021 national conference, Editors 21: Editors Transform, scheduled for June 12 & 13. This is Editors Canada’s first all-online conference. Check out the exciting line-up. Follow the Facebook postings for the latest news.
WE DID IT
• The Wolfville Editors’ Bunch met March 10 for a nice, chatty online lunch.
• On March 13, members met online for a rousing game of STET! Dreyer’s English, expertly facilitated by soon-to-be co-chair Molly Rookwood. Patricia MacDonald scored 17.5 of 18 points and received Dutch Oven: A Cookbook of Coveted Traditional Recipes from the Kitchens of Lunenburg as a prize.
SAVE THE DATE
• On Saturday, March 27, we’ll be hosting an informal discussion of Indigenous-related editing experiences. Bring your questions from this discussion to April’s chat (Saturday, April 24), which will be led by fellow twig member Kaitlin Littlechild.
• The twig AGM is scheduled for Saturday, April 10. There are several motions up for discussion, as well as at least one new co-chair to vote in, so we hope to see a screenfull of members Zooming in.
The Vine for Thursday, April 8 (8:00 pm) and Saturday, April 10 (2:00 pm) will be a presentation by Sue Archer on career building. Visit the members’ area of the Editors Canada website for the schedule of upcoming meetings. If you would like to be added to the Vine’s participant list to receive login details for meetings, or if you’d just like more information, please email the Vine moderators, Nicola Aquino and Lenore Hietkamp.
Let us know your thoughts and ideas. Contributions are welcome. Shoot us an email any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep an eye on your email (be sure to check your spam folder) and on our Facebook page, Editors in the Maritimes, for announcements regarding lunches, meetings and other goings-on.
Engage in conversation on the Facebook pages Editors’ Association of Earth and Business + Professional Development for Editors, as well as Editors/Réviseurs Canada and Editors Canada Student Affiliates. Keep in the loop on the latest national news by subscribing to The Editors’ Weekly, Editors Canada’s official blog.