There’s not much to report these days!
New regional director
• Our new regional director of branches and twigs is Anne Godlewski of the Kitchener-Waterloo-Guelph twig. She’ll be taking over from both Anne Curry (east) and Shauna Babiuk (west).
The Editors’ Vine/La vigne
As mentioned in the June issue of Twig Talk, The Editors’ Vine is a new initiative by Editors Canada to connect members who face barriers in attending twig or branch meetings. Two meetings with the same theme are held each month (on the first Thursday and the following Saturday) via Zoom. Nova Scotia twig member Nicola Aquino is a moderator. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. August meetings are set for Thursday, August 6 and Saturday, August 8. And there is now a virtual group for francophones; the next meeting will take place on Thursday, August 20. For more information on the French version, please email Agnès André at email@example.com. English speakers are more than welcome to participate, but be aware that the meeting will be held in French.
• Wolfville Editors’ Bunch held a their monthly meeting on Monday, July 20, in the cool delight of Julie Cochrane’s backyard pool. Valley living at its finest!
• Editors Canada is offering a webinar, Finding and Fixing Bloopers in Fiction with Amy Schneider on Thursday, July 30. http://training.editors.ca/upcoming_webinar/oops-finding-and-fixing-bloopers-in-fiction/
• Another Editors Canada webinar for editors who work in Spanish and English is being offered on Thursday, August 6: Clear Spanish Text in a Foreign Land: Is It Possible? http://training.editors.ca/upcoming_webinar/clear-spanish-text-in-a-foreign-land-is-it-possible/
• Becky and I are planning a fun online event for members — a Kahoot trivia game — for a date in August. Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what’s preferable: day or evening, mid-week or weekend?
• Keep an eye on your email (check your spam folder) and on our Facebook page (Editors in the Maritimes) for announcements regarding lunches, meetings and other goings-on. Engage in conversation on the Facebook pages Editors’ Association of Earth and Business + Professional Development for Editors.